Useful tips to Rock your Maxi Dress
Summer is finally here and along with it comes the warm, and I mean VERY WARM weather… so let’s take out our summer clothes and have fun dressing to impress!
Today, I will share with you how to best wear your maxi dresses! I love them for many reasons: they are super versatile, can be used day or night, comfortable and also extremely convenient – especially if you need to hide your legs (for the days you didn’t have the time to shave or do your pedicure – of course this never happens to us!).
When you wear a Maxi Dress please consider the following suggestions:
- Print dresses: if you pick a dress with a busy pattern opt to go low profile on the accessories and try to stay with neutral colors for your purse and shoes.
- Outfit: Emma & Michelle dress, Coach sandals, Coach Purse.
- Take into account your height and body type: If you are not too tall or have shorter legs, selecting a dress with a waist cut will make you appear taller. Dropped waist cut dresses will actually make you look shorter.
- Outfit: Vince Camuto dress, Sergio Rossi sandals, Coach Purse.
- Dresses with a lot of jewelry: if you decide to go with a dress that already has accessories please DO NOT pile on! unless you want to look like a christmas tree. Remember… less is more!
- Outfit: BCBGMaxazria dress.
- Solid color maxi dresses: don’t forget, maxi dresses have A LOT of fabric. If you are wearing a solid color maxi dress, you will want to match it up with a colorful statement accessory to complement.
- Outfit: Michael Stars dress, Schutz sandals, Necklace from TJ Maxx.
- Statement accessories and neck cuts: if you are the kind of person that enjoys wearing statement necklaces then strapless or crew neck cuts are the way to go…
- Outfit: Young, Fabulous and Broke dress, Schutz sandals, Necklace made in Mexico.
- Same dress different occasions: it is easy to change it up with the same maxi dress, just play with the accessories (Jewelry and belts). Utilizing them with a blazer or jacket also gives them a completely different look.
- Outfit: Laundry by Shelli Segal dress, Ralph Lauren Jacket, Schutz sandals.