1o tips on How wear your favorite Wedges
I personally love wedges because they are comfortable, not to mention they provide those always welcome extra few inches of height! They elevate a casual outfit in seconds for that chic look we know and love!
It is very important to know how to properly wear these types of shoes since they can set up a fashion disaster with the wrong outfit.
Here are 10 useful tips to consider when using your favorite wedges:
1) Shorts: you can use them with flip flops, sandal or bootie wedges just make sure the platform is not too high. You are already showing a lot of legs – the shoes need to complement, not compete.
2) Dresses: Wedges are the perfect addition for any summer dress, maxi, short, mid-calf, asymmetrical, basically all of them! All you need to decide is the type of shoes you want to wear.
Short dresses: strappy, espadrilles or gladiators are great eye catching detail if you want to make your legs the focal point!
More conservative? Can’t go wrong with classic wedge sandals, pumps or a cute pair of bootie wedges.
Last but not least… Never use Chunky wedges with fitted dresses!
3) Skirts: see the same rules that we applied for dresses! Be careful when using short skirts since wedges will make your skirt look shorter!
4) Classic Pants: wedges pumps are a must have if you work in an office! They are classy and comfortable to use all day long.
5) Skinny Jeans: you can use all types of wedges with skinny jeans: espadrilles, pumps, sandals… the key is to make sure you roll your jeans boot up a little bit to create space between the shoes and your jeans, letting your legs show a little bit.
6) Bootleg or flared jeans: use any of your favorite wedges but make sure that the hem covers most of the wedge as this will create the most streamlined silhouette.
7) High Platform: these type of shoes come in very handy for all of us that will always benefit from a couple extra inches. However, BE CAREFUL ….. chunky wedges can also make you look CHUNKY when you use them with tight clothes such as pencil skirts or pencil dresses… The golden rule: never use these kind of wedges with tight clothes!
If a shoe seems particularly chunky, tone it down with softer fabrics and silhouettes.
8) No platform: go with this type of wedges when you want to elevate your look for a more elegant occasion or to go to work. Sandals wedges with skinny straps or pump wedges are the perfect selection.
9) Occasion: wedges are the best way to go if you are looking for a casual chic look and extra height!
They are also the perfect choice for events held on a grassy or uneven floor but still require you to dress up.
Please don’t wear wedges to formal events if not extremely necessary!
10) All year round: wedges are that type of shoes you can use all year long! During Summer pick sandals, espadrilles or open toe wedges, these will let your feet breathe. On colder days, boots and booties will elevate any look. Use them with tights or leggings!
Finally, when wearing wedges keep in mind these kind of shoes can be quite commanding, it is important to always look for pieces that complement the look and not compete… Find a nice balance and you will rock your outfit for sure!