10 FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT EXERCISING
It is common understanding that being physically active yields many benefits for your body. Exercise can also make a huge impact on your lifestyle and your finances with likely save money on medical expenses.
If you are one of those who are not convinced just yet about making exercising a habit, here some amazing facts on exercising can do for you:
- Brain booster: “Exercise increases energy levels and serotonin in the brain, which leads to improved mental clarity,” says Atkinson, director of program development for Cooper Ventures. By exercising you will be more likely to perform better at work and in your daily life.
- Free Therapy: exercising helps bump up the production of your brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. It’s not just that you who will be a happier person (less likely to get depressed) but the people around you!
- Energy factory: contrary to what you make think, being physically active keeps your energy levels high. Endorphins are released into your bloodstream during exercise which makes you feel more energized throughout the day. It is important to keep this in mind especially in the beginning when you may feel a little tired.
- Squeezing a workout during your day: it is pretty common to hear people say “I don’t have time to exercise” but the reality is working out doesn’t have to be a long task, you can work short spurts of physical activity into your day. Try to walk or bike instead of driving every time you can. Recent U.S. government guidelines say that to lose weight and keep the weight off, you should accumulate at least 60 minutes of exercise a day. A half an hour a day is all you need to reap the health and disease-fighting benefits of exercise.
- Help you meet new people: there is always going to be someone else running, walking, biking… when you go to exercise to a place frequently you will see mostly the same people over and over again… after a while you will have new friends that share the same interest in exercising as you!
- Keep your heart strong: experts say that the heart and cardiovascular system will function more effectively if you exercise often, also the heart will build up less plaque and will become a more efficient pump.
- Eat with no regrets: in moderation of course! when you exercise regularly you can afford to enjoy some of the treats you really like. It is easier to get away with a few things in moderation as opposed to when you’re not working out.
- Setting the REAL goal: many believe the main goal of exercising is to lose weight, the truth and real benefits goes well beyond the scale. You will improve your mood, your health, your energy level and even your performance in daily tasks. Focusing too much on just weight loss can lead to frustration and as a result quitting on this healthy habit.
Exercising will definitely change your life for good! will help you improve your health, elevate your energy levels, improve your performance in daily task and bring you happiness and balance… Start today!
Here are some workout ideas to exercise at home:
- Full Body Workout Routine
- Upper Body Routine
- Ab Workout Routine
- Glute Workout Routine
- Leg Body Workout Routine
- Full Bootcamp class