Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Those who know me, are aware that cooking it’s definitely not one of my strengths… because of that I am always looking for healthy, easy and fast to make recipes.
Today I want to share this chicken lettuce wraps that my kids love!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced (Optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Cut Chicken breast in chunks.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, hoisin sauce and soy sauce about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.