If you are looking for some easy ways to prepare nutritious breakfasts, this recipe is a must try!
Recently, I went to a beautiful island here in South Florida to celebrate my birthday and the acai bowl was one of my favorite choices on the breakfast menu (also an oatmeal/quinoa. I will share that recipe in another post).
Please, let me know in the comments below how do you like this recipe!
Power Breakfast: Acai Berry Bowl (15 minutes)
- 3.5 oz (100 g) packet of frozen acai puree or power. (before opening your acai puree pack, run pack under water for 5 seconds to thaw and break the frozen pulp into smaller pieces.) You can find acai in the frozen fruits and veggies section in the supermarket.
- 1 cup frozen assorted berries (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or your choice of milk
- Fresh fruits: berries, kiwi, banana
- Flax Seeds (or your favorite seed)
- Honey (optional)
- Add acai, frozen berries, and almond milk into a blender. Process until mixture is smooth. Mixture will be much thicker than a standard smoothie. It will have the consistency of frozen yogurt.
- Add toppings: Pour acai purée into a bowl and arrange toppings as you wish. Sprinkle with granola, flax seeds, chia and drizzle with honey (if using).